Download the Orca3D Work-in-Progress (WIP) Release (Version 1.4 WIP 2013-09-12)
Please read the following information:
- Orca3D is a plug-in for Rhino. You must have Rhino installed prior to installing Orca3D. If you do not, please download Rhino from the Rhino web site and install it before installing Orca3D.
- Important instructions when running in Windows Vista or Windows 7 or 8: After installing Orca3D, you must run Rhino once using the Windows "Run as administrator" option in order to install and start the Orca3D License Service. This is most easily accomplished by right-clicking on the Rhino desktop icon and selecting "Run as administrator." This is only required once; thereafter you may start Rhino in the usual fashion. If you do not perform the steps above, you may receive an Orca3D License Service error.
- Orca3D Requirements:
Note: There are now native 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Orca3D. Requirements specific to the 32-bit or 64-bit version are noted as such below.
While this version of the 1.4 WIP will run with both Rhino 4 and Rhino 5, future versions may require Rhino 5.
- Rhino Version 4, SR 9 or higher, or Rhino Version 5, SR 0 or higher.
- Hardware: See Rhino 4 hardware requirements (http://www.rhino3d.com/4/systemrequirements.htm)
- Hardware: See Rhino 5 hardware requirements (http://www.rhino3d.com/5/systemrequirements.htm)
- Operating Systems tested: Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8 (32-bit and 64-bit OS versions with Orca/Rhino running as 32-bit processes; 64-bit OS versions with Orca/Rhino running as 64-bit processes
- All other Windows operating systems have not been tested but may work
- Mac: The Intel Mac with Bootcamp has not been tested
- VMWare and Parallels: Licensing Orca3D under VMWare, Parallels, and similar virtual environments is not supported
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer)
- Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2010 (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime Libraries (the Orca3D installation will attempt to install it if it is not already on your computer
- Valid license key (without this, Orca3D will operate as a 15-day fully functional evaluation copy)